Ultimate List of Healthy Foods to Eat Everyday
If you’re looking for some healthy foods to eat everyday, you’re at the right place. We’re going to help you find the foods which will help you improve your general health, but also assist you with your weight-loss efforts. With no further ado, here they are!
Proponents of the Mediterranean Diet (probably the healthiest diet out there) recommend making whole-grains the staple of your diet. What this means is that you’re advised to have them with almost every meal.
- Chia – Full of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, chia seeds might be the best choice for those who are keeping a ketogenic or some other kind of high-fat diet. Apart from being rich in healthy fats, this food is also rich in minerals like magnesium, calcium, manganese, and phosphorous.
- Oatmeal – Oats are packed with diet fiber, which can help you with detoxification, as well as promote healthy weight loss.
- Brown rice – Similarly to oats, brown rice is also full of fiber. This food is also a good source of protein, not to mention that it has all kinds of vitamins and minerals essential for human health.
Same as whole-grains, plant oils are also recommended to be eaten in almost every meal. You can use them for frying, but also add them to salads, soups, etc.
- Olive oil – Probably the healthiest type of oil is the olive oil. It’s full of healthy fats, which reduce the levels of bad cholesterol.
- Canola oil – Low in saturated fat, Canola oil can also help with the battle against bad cholesterol.
- Flaxseed oil – An excellent source of alpha-linoleic acid (ALA), a fatty acid with a number of different health benefits.
- Avocado oil –Famous for a high level of monounsaturated fatty acids, this oil can boost the absorption of other essential nutrients.
Fruits & Vegetables
Many countries around the world are running the so-called 5-a-day campaign. Basically, they’re trying to encourage the people to eat a least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables every day. We advise you to do the same! Here are some fruits and vegetables you should eat on an everyday basis.
- Apples – Not only are they tasty, apples are also rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Bananas – This fruit is super-rich in magnesium, one of the minerals essential for the health of your heart.
- Lemon – This is definitely one of the healthy foods to eat everyday. This is because you can include it in almost every dish or beverage.
- Broccoli – Some consider broccoli to be a superfood, thanks to the fact that it’s packed with vitamins and minerals.
- Spinach – Similarly to broccoli, spinach is also very rich in nutrients, particularly iron.
- Cabbage – Here’s another vegetable very rich in essential nutrients. What makes cabbage stand out is its extremely low caloric value. So, if you’re trying to lose weight, cabbage is the right veggie for you.
Nuts & Legumes
You’re advised to eat nuts and legumes between one and three times a day.
- Peanuts – Rich in protein, peanuts can make you fill full quickly. Unfortunately, they’re high in fat, so perhaps it’s better not to eat them too often if you’re trying to lose weight.
- Almonds – Apart from being rich in protein, almonds are full of minerals like as selenium and zinc.
- Chickpea – This is a type of legume that’s super-rich in minerals such as iron. You can eat it roasted, cooked, or as a part of other meals, like hummus or falafel, for example.
In order to get enough calcium and other nutrients, you are advised to eat dairy products at least once a day.
- Yogurt – Apart from being rich in calcium and other healthy minerals, yogurt also contains bacteria that are essential for the health of your digestive system.
- Kefir – Same as yogurt, kefir is also packed with healthy bacteria, which improve the health of the digestive system, while also boosting the immune system.
- Low-fat cheese – This kind of cheese can be a great source of protein, not to mention that it can make you feel full. So, if you’re trying to suppress hunger, eating low-fat cheese is the right way to do it.
If you wanna live a long and a healthy life, fish should be your main source of protein, instead of red meat.
- Salmon – This type of fish is probably your best source of protein. Salmon contains 20g of protein per 100g. On top of that, same as any other type of fish, salmon is also packed with omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids.
- Skipjack tuna – Relatively low mercury level (compared to other types of tuna) makes skipjack a very good choice.
- Sardine – This fish is very low in mercury and other heavy metals, meaning that you can eat them without any fear for your health.
Surely, you won’t die if you eat red meat, simple carbs, and drink alcoholic beverages. Still, we urge you to reduce the consumption of those foods. Why? Because they can have a devastating impact on your health! Instead, our advice is to focus on healthy foods to eat everyday, which are not just good for your body but also taste amazing.